pki-survey message

Subject: Survey SC concall?

At the PKI TC concall yesterday, we agreed that the
next PKI TC meeting will be a concall at 11:00 AM EDT
on April 30. I would like the PKI Survey SC to bring
a proposed set of survey objectives and sample to that
PKI TC concall for approval. Ideally, I'd like for us
to also bring a proposed implementation plan and timeline.

How can we get there? I think we need to schedule a
meeting of the PKI Survey SC. If we try to accomplish
this by email, it will take forever.

Here are some times that work for me for a concall.
All of these times are EDT (Boston time).

Friday, April 18:    9:00 AM - 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Tuesday, April 22:  11:00 AM -  3:00 PM
Thursday, April 24: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Monday, April 28:    9:00 AM -  5:30 PM
Tuesday, April 29:   9:00 AM - 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM - 5:30 PM

Please let me know what times work for you. I think we
should reserve one hour. I'll provide a concall bridge.
I have included at the end of this message the draft
objectives and sample that I sent out earlier. I'll
work on a draft implementation plan and timeline and
get those out to the list ASAP.

Thanks,

Steve

-------------

The objective of the PKI TC's PKI Deployment Obstacles Survey
is to identify the most commonly cited obstacles to PKI
deployment and usage. We want to be able to identify which
obstacles are most commonly cited and correlate these obstacles
with information about the respondents, such as their occupation,
the industry in which they are employed, their years of experience
in the computer industry, in information security, or with PKI, etc.

Maybe we should also look at what benefits the respondents hoped
to receive from PKI and what benefits they actually saw.

I'm primarily interested in responses from people who have
significant experience with PKI deployment, although I'm also
interested in responses from other people as long as we can
separate these categories for analysis.

To be specific, I'd like to see responses from IT managers
and staff who have completed successful PKI deployments,
people who have attempted deployments but failed, and people
who have considered deployments but decided against them.
I'd also be glad to hear from employees of PKI vendors and
lawyers or IT consultants who have worked on or observed
PKI deployments. And I'd also be glad to hear from researchers
or analysts with PKI experience or insights.