Subject: Re: [pki-tc-chair] PKI obstacles

David,

Thanks for your detailed comments. You make some
very good points (need to use AIA and SIA, need for a
PKI Lite cookbook, etc.). I'll make sure that these
are included in our survey analysis. I'll also read
the document you provided.

You asked "What can I do to help?" I would encourage
you to consider joining the OASIS PKI TC, where we will
be formulating plans to address the obstacles identified
by the survey. The University of California can join as
a non-profit organization for $1,000 a year. Or you can
join as an individual for $250/yr. For more info, see
http://www.oasis-open.org/join/organizations.php

If you prefer not to join the PKI TC, I will funnel
information to you as it becomes available. You can
help move things forward that way, but it will be
more awkward. You have lots of good ideas and I'd
like to have you on the team.

Thanks,

Steve Hanna

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature