Subject: Re: [pki-tc-chair] Support for PKI Action Plan

Alice,

Thanks for your support for the PKI Action Plan.
I share your conviction in the veracity of our
survey results and the usefulness of the plan.

Would you like to be listed as an individual
supporter in the PKI Action Plan? Would SPYRUS
like to be listed as an organizational supporter?
If so, please let me know how you want your name
to appear.

I'm especially pleased to hear that you want
to participate in implementing the PKI Action Plan.

The first step is for SPYRUS to join OASIS (or
for you to join as an Individual Member). I'm
glad to say that the cost is fairly low. For more
information, see http://www.oasis-open.org/join
When you join, please specify that you want to
be a member of the PKI Member Section. This will
result in a portion of your membership dues
going to help fund the work of the PKI TC.

Once you are an OASIS member, go to the PKI TC
web site and join the PKI TC and our subcommittees.

Thanks again for your support. I look forward to
working with you as we implement the PKI Action Plan
and begin tearing down obstacles to PKI deployment
and usage.

Take care,

Steve

Alice Sturgeon wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I attended the last IETF PKIX meeting where you briefed on the PKI TC survey results, and I was really impressed – with the
> perceived veracity of the results (i.e., I agreed fully and understood exactly where the respondents were coming from).  I was
> also excited about seeing the PKI Action Plan and participating.
>
> This message, then, is to confirm my company's intent to support the Action Plan and to participate actively.
>

> I will represent SPYRUS and I would be interested in participating in the PKI TC Guidelines subcommittee – as an active
> participant in ISO/IEC standards, I could contribute from that perspective, as well as from the perspective of my company's
> PKI experiences.
>
> I would also be interested in helping in the Lower Costs subcommittee.  I believe strongly in the potential of standards and
> cooperative efforts to reduce costs, and could bring that perspective into the group.
>

> SPYRUS may also contribute other staff, especially to the interoperability subcommittee, as we have a lot of experience
> there.
>

> Thanks for all your work on this.
>

> Alice
>

> Alice Sturgeon
>

> System Policy Architect
>
> SPYRUS
>

> Chair, Canadian Advisory Committee - IT Security
>
> ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27
>

> Phone:  613-232-2350
>
> Cell:  613-291-0331
>
> Home Office: 613-489-2207