Subject: Madison Demographic Analysis Workshops (Aug 12th & 13th)

Madison Demographic Analysis Workshop Announcement (One day workshop - Choose either day)

When:   Full Day Version: Aug 12th, 2004 - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm or choose the
         &nb sp;  Half Day-Fast Track Version: Aug 13th, 2004 - Morning Session: 8:15 am - 12:15 pm or Afternoon Session: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Where:  New Horizons Computer Learning Center, 1255 Deming Way, Madison, Wisconsin 53717
Fee:     $225 for credit card at the time of sign up, $249 regular price
Register Now

Register online at
www.sgtinfo.com or call us at 877.241.6576.

The Madison Demographic Analysis Workshop will teach you to extract, query, download, analyze, and map Census demographic data for Madison and surrounding communities. Such data can provide grant writers, social researchers and community planners with powerful tools for analyzing community changes. This is a streamlined, "hands on" workshop where each participant works on their own computer throughout the day.

This workshop also provides an overview of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) which includes a discussion of GIS trends and common uses, where to easily obtain mapping files, a demonstration of the map browser ArcExplorer (included with your materials), hands on practice making basic maps online and suggestions for making effective maps.
See a detailed description & agenda

Materials include: A comprehensive workbook that includes the workshop presentation, exercises, reference materials and a valuable Demographic Data Resource CD. This CD includes useful GIS tools such as ArcExplorer and several shapefiles for all communities in the United States. Materials also include a 60 day trial version of ArcView 8.3, a leading GIS software. Also included is the 2003 US Statistical Abstract which includes an extensive selection of statistics for the United States, with selected data for states, metropolitan areas and cities.

This workshop will:

Former Participants' Comments:

Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Baltimore, MD
"This was an excellent experience...the instructor did an excellent job of presenting the information and helping us navigate the website."

Institute for Women's Policy Research, Washington DC
"It was a very effective and productive way to learn. The instructor made the process of accessing Census data fun and exciting."

NYU Institute for Education and Social Policy, NYC 2003
"This workshop presented a clear and precise overview. It was very useful."

Action for Boston Community Development, Boston, MA 2003
"The materials were excellent and what I liked best about the course was that it was hands on. The class was very helpful and useful."

Smartgirl Technologies, Inc. is a social research company located in Portland, Oregon. For more information about the workshop, who we are and what we do, visit our website at www.sgtinfo.com. If you do not wish to receive further announcements, simply click here (remove@sgtinfo.com) and send us a blank message. You will not receive future announcements. Note: Under no circumstance will we share your email with any other party or person.