Subject: [Fwd: Draft email requesting permission to send survey invitation]

Here's an additional paragraph about privacy, since that
may be a concern for many folks:

Note that the data collected in this survey will only
be reported in aggregate form. Individual responses
will be used by PKI TC members in tabulating our results.
If respondents choose to provide their email addresses,
we will send them a copy of the survey results and
invitations to participate in future surveys conducted
by the PKI TC. But their email address will not be used
for any other purposes or disclosed to anyone outside
of the PKI TC. And we are not asking you to send us
anybody's email address or other personal information,
only to allow us to send our survey invitation to your
mailing list.

-Steve

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 14:19:21 -0400
From: Steve Hanna <steve.hanna@sun.com>
To: pki-tc@sun.com

Here's a draft email that you could use to request
permission to send our survey invitation to someone's
mailing list. Feel free to modify it or ignore it.

-Steve

---------

I'm a member of the OASIS PKI Technical Committee
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=pki).
This committee is dedicated to addressing issues related
to the successful deployment of digital certificates.
As part of this mission, we want to identify the key
barriers to PKI deployment and usage so that they can
be addressed.

In June 2003, we will be conducting a web-based survey
of people with PKI expertise, asking them to identify
the key barriers to PKI deployment and usage. Because
your group includes many such folks, I'd like to ask
your permission to send an email invitation to your
mailing list at the end of May, inviting people to
participate in our survey. If you prefer, I will
forward the invitation to you and you can send it on
to your mailing list.

Since this survey will be open from May 28 to June 14,
it's important that I hear back from you by soon. Please
let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Thanks,

XXXX