Subject: Re: [pki-tc] Preliminary Analysis for the Conference Call

Evans Paul wrote:
> I've done some quick analysis of the survey and am posting it
> for reference.

That's great, Paul! Thanks for putting this together. It will
give us a good start for today's call.

> Steve, is it possible to do a PDF of the survey? It would be
> good to be able to compare to the raw data - the headings are
> a bit abstract.

I have created a PDF version of the survey and attached it to
this message.

> Also, in the 'Employer Sector or Industry'  question, we have 38

For that question, number 10 is Other. Sorry that didn't show
up properly in the spreadsheet. Look at the next column (Other
Sector or Industry) to see what they typed in the edit box.

> Also, what's the translation of the country codes?  I assume
> 1 = US (102 responses), the next largest is 40 (29 responses).

I have attached a text file that contains the appropriate
mapping. 1 = US, 40 = Canada. The text file is in Comma Separated
Value format, so you should be able to import it into a
spreadsheet easily.

> Overall, it paints a pretty grim picture for PKI, but then
> we were asking for obstacles and we got what we asked for.

Yes, we asked people to identify and prioritize obstacles
to PKI deployment and usage. And they did so. We should be
happy about that. Now we'll have to see if we can turn this
into some action.

> I think this adds some magnitude numbers to the EEMA's pkiC
> paper I distributed earlier.

I agree that the survey data and the EEMA papers should be
great companions. It will be interesting to see if there are
disparities.

>  Lots of work to do....

Definitely! I want to see if there are any interesting and
significant differences in response patterns based on
demographics. And I think we will need to drill down on
some of these obstacles via followup survey or email to
really understand them. But this is a good start.

-Steve

pkiobstaclessurveycolor.pdf

1, United States
2, Afghanistan