Subject: RE: [pki-tc] Process for Revising PKI Action Plan

Steve,

I think this is a good approach, and appreciate your willingness to
"referee" the proposed changes.

I would suggest that members providing Action Plan feedback use
"Feedback" in the subject header to help us keep the messages organized.

Thanks,

John

John T. Sabo, CISSP
Manager, Security Privacy and Trust Initiatives
Computer Associates International
2291 Wood Oak Drive
Herndon, Virginia, 20171
USA
Phone: +1 703-708-3037
Mobile: +1 443-629-6198

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Hanna [mailto:steve.hanna@sun.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 5:13 PM
To: PKI TC
Subject: [pki-tc] Process for Revising PKI Action Plan

When and how should we revise the PKI Action Plan?

I see myself as the editor here, not the author.
I think the TC should decide about significant changes
and I will implement the TC's wishes.

Therefore, I suggest this process. People should
send feedback on the Action Plan to the pki-tc email
list. A day or two before each TC meeting, I'll send
a summary of the changes I think need to be made to
the pki-tc email list. People can discuss this on the
list and at the TC meeting. And the TC can vote on
what changes should be made.

How does that sound? I have two concerns:

1) The volume of feedback may be larger than the
   pki-tc subscribers would like. If that happens,
   speak up and we can create a Feedback subcommittee
   that will be responsible for receiving and summarizing
   feedback.

2) We might realize that a change needs to be made
   quickly (before the next PKI TC meeting). If you
   feel this is the case, send an email saying so to
   the pki-tc list. We can schedule a special TC meeting
   or do an electronic poll.

With those provisions, I'm happy with this process.
What do other PKI TC members think?

Thanks,

Steve