Subject: Let's go to Public Review!

The latest draft PKI Action Plan has been posted at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/pki/pkiactionplan.pdf
So let's proceed with our public review period.

I have posted an announcement on our TC's web site
pointing people at the draft Action Plan and explaining
how to submit comments. A copy of the announcement is
reproduced below. Unfortunately, I'm having some
trouble with the formatting of the announcement on
our web site. Kavi strips out my line breaks! I have
asked the OASIS staff to help, so that should be
fixed soon.

Feel free to forward the announcement to other folks,
especially people who helped forward our survey invite.
Just send email to the PKI TC saying who you're going
to inform so we can coordinate.

I will send the announcement to our survey respondents
and to the IETF PKIX and HEPKI-TAG email lists. I'll also
talk to Dee Schur about getting it into the OASIS News.

For groups that helped us with the survey, I may add the
URLs for the survey results. They are included in the
draft PKI Action Plan, but they might still be useful:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/pki/pkiobstaclesjune2003surveyreport.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/pki/pkiobstaclesaugust2003surveyreport.pdf

Thanks,

Steve

--------

Draft PKI Action Plan Posted for Review and Comment

The OASIS Public Key Infrastructure Technical Committee
(the OASIS PKI TC) has posted a draft PKI Action Plan for
public review, inviting comments and support from PKI
customers, vendors, experts, and others. This plan is
designed to address obstacles to PKI deployment and usage
identified through surveys conducted earlier this year.

The draft PKI Action Plan is available for review at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/pki/pkiactionplan.pdf
Comments on the plan should be submitted by clicking the
"Send a Comment" button on the PKI TC's web page at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=pki

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature