Subject: Comments on October 20 draft minutes

Here are some comments on the current draft minutes
for the October 20, 2003 PKI TC meeting. Thanks to
John Sabo and June Leung for putting these together.

* There are a few errors in the attendees list,
  I think. Kefeng Chen's name is misspelled.
  John Messing and Ann Terwilliger were present.
  Jean Pawluk should be listed as a Member Not Present.

* In item 2 under Action Plan Discussion, it's not
  quite clear what we agreed. My notes say we agreed
  to "tone down plan to be clear that effort not trivial,
  acknowledge previous and ongoing efforts, say these
  need to continue, and suggest that PKI TC can help
  by playing a catalyst and coordinator role". Do others
  agree that's what we agreed on? If so, I'd like to
  see that reflected in the minutes.

* Item 4 is missing from the Action Plan Discussion
  section. This comment said "There's too much focus
  on technology. We need to focus on applications."
  My notes show that we agreed to disregard this comment,
  since we think we already have plenty of focus on
  applications.

* The comment we were addressing in item 5 was about
  user interface problems. We should note that.

* At the end of the meeting, I think I asked for and
  got agreement that the "Proposed Changes to be made
  without discussion" from my October 17 email should
  be made. I'd like to see that noted in the minutes.

Thanks,

Steve

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature