Subject: Re: [pki-tc-comment] Interest and comment on the organisation ofa"security" oriented interoperability event in 2004 and including PKI,XadESand IPsec topics.

Thanks very much for supplying this information
to the OASIS PKI Technical Committee. I apologize
for the delay in my response caused by the holidays.

I'm glad to forward this information to the members
of the OASIS PKI Technical Committee. I hope that
PKI vendors and other relevant parties among our
members will consider participating in the security
Plugtests you are planning this spring. PKI TC members,
please pass this notice on to others who may want
to participate.

Interoperability testing is an important piece needed
to promote interoperation among PKI products and
between PKI products and PKI using software such
as digital signature and IPsec products. I praise
this effort and hope that it will become an ongoing
and regular event.

Will you publish the findings of your efforts?
Based on the results from the EEMA PKI Challenge
and the JKST-IWG interop, I expect that you will
find the relevant specifications not sufficiently
specific. We really must move to address this
problem. Please review the draft PKI Action Plan
published by the OASIS PKI Technical Committee at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/pki/pkiactionplan.pdf
and send us your comments.

Thanks,

Steve Hanna