Subject: email on PKI Action Plan Support

At our last PKI TC meeting, we voted to approve
this email soliciting statements of support
with the understanding that TC members should
modify it as appropriate. I have updated the
email to include detailed info about the reception
we're planning at the RSA conference and to
explicitly encourage organizational endorsements.

Also, I changed the email address for responses
to pki-tc-chair@lists.oasis-open.org since that
seems to be the only email address we have that
accepts emails from any address without requiring
the sender to subscribe first. When I get emails
on this topic, I'll resend them to the pki-tc list.

In a minute, I will send out a draft list of
people and organizations we should contact
using this email or something similar (based on
the list we used for the survey). Please comment
on the list, adding things as you see fit. Then
sign up for the people and/or organizations that
you are willing to approach and let's go get some
supporters!

Thanks,

Steve

-----------

As you may know, the OASIS PKI Technical Committee
(PKI TC) is working to identify and address the primary
obstacles to PKI deployment and usage. Based on results
from surveys and dialog with PKI stakeholders, the PKI TC
has prepared a PKI Action Plan that lists the obstacles
identified through the surveys and proposes specific
actions to address them.

The PKI Action Plan is available for review from
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/pki/pkiactionplan.pdf

Executing this PKI Action Plan will require the combined
efforts of many stakeholders: PKI customers, vendors,
standards bodies, and experts. Your help is needed!

If you support this plan, we would ask you to do the
following:

1) Sign on as a supporter of the PKI Action Plan

   Send an email to pki-tc-chair@lists.oasis-open.org
   informing us that we can list you as a supporter in
   the PKI Action Plan. Please indicate exactly how you
   would like your endorsement to appear in the Plan
   (e.g., "Dr. Jeremiah Benton, CTO, Big Company, Inc.").

2) Join the PKI Technical Committee or a subcommittee
   working on a specific Action Item in the Plan

   We have formed several subcommittees to implement
   the five Action Items listed in the PKI Action Plan.
   If you would like to join one of these, please contact
   us by email at pki-tc-chair@lists.oasis-open.org

3) Ask your employer and/or others to support the Plan

   Ask your employer or another relevant organization to
   endorse the PKI Action Plan. Organizational endorsements
   are especially valuable. Also feel free to pass this
   note on to other people you think would be interested.

By signing on as an early supporter of the PKI Action
Plan, you and your employer will be visible as a leader
in the computer security industry. And of course you will
benefit in years to come as PKI becomes easier to use.

If you have any other comments, suggestions, or
ways in which you can help, feel free to contact us.

We plan to roll out the PKI Action Plan at the
RSA Conference this year. If you will be there,
please join us for a celebratory reception on
Wednesday, February 25, 2004 at 6:00 PM in
Moscone Center North Meeting Room 120. Come
learn more about the PKI Action Plan and help
us celebrate its rollout!

Thanks,

The OASIS PKI Technical Committee

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature