Subject: Re: [pki-tc] Plan for Gathering Supporters

Olivier Dubuisson wrote:
> Steve Hanna wrote:
>  > Phil Griffin handled MCOMM. Phil, are you still out there?
>
> Phil left ETSI MCOMM more than a year ago.

Can someone else handle ETSI MCOMM, then?
Maybe Jeremy Hilton? Or you, Olivier?

> > 18) Standards Groups
> >
> >     I think we need volunteers for ISO/ITU and IEEE. The IETF
> >     is already covered above.
>
> I could play the role of "Liaison Officer" with ITU-T SG17
> (Lead Study Group on Security) and ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC6, but I
> cannot say I am "influential" in the PKI area :)
> What kind of action are you expecting?

I suppose it's not likely that either of these
groups would officially endorse the PKI Action Plan,
but it's worth asking. Certainly, I want to make
sure that they are informed about the Plan and
I'd welcome an endorsement from either their
individual members or their employers. I'd also
welcome any assistance they might offer.

I wonder if Sharon Boeyen can help here. I think
she's seriously involved with ISO/IEC JTC1/SC6/WG7,
which is responsible for the X.509 standards. I'll
ask Sharon. If she's not available, I will send an
email myself to Hoyt Kesterson (rapporteur for the
Directory Group). I think he knows me.

> While waiting for your answer, I'm going to forward your email to the
> ITU-T SG17 Counsellor.

Thanks very much, Olivier. That's very useful.
We'll count on you to be our contact with
ITU-T SG17.

Take care,

Steve

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature