Subject: PLEASE REVIEW draft Ask Vendors survey and vendor list

Here's a quick update from the Ask Vendors SC
with several ACTION ITEMs for you at the bottom.
Please complete the ACTION ITEMs within a week,
if possible.

The Ask Vendors SC has agreed to the following items:

1) Because of time differences, the Ask Vendors SC won't
    hold regular meetings. Instead, we'll work by email.

2) The Implementation Plan previously posted looks fine.
    The only thing that should be changed in it are the
    dates. For now, we'll just proceed without updating
    the dates.

The Ask Vendors SC has completed a draft survey that we
plan to send to application vendors for the three most
popular PKI applications, as cited in the August 2003
survey: Document Signing, Secure Email, and Electronic
Commerce. The goal of this survey is to ask them what they
need to provide better PKI support. Using this data, the
PKI TC will later explore how these needs can be met so
that application support for PKI can be improved.

ACTION ITEM for you:
   Please review the draft Ask Vendors survey at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pki-askvendors/download.php/6801/ask-vendors-survey-20040518.txt
   and send your comments to the PKI TC email list.

We have also prepared a draft list of vendors who will
be approached for this survey. We could use help finding
good contacts at these vendors (especially people you
*know*, so they won't ignore us). Other changes and
additions to the list are welcome.

ACTION ITEM for you:
   Please review the draft Vendor List at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pki-askvendors/download.php/6802/ask-vendors-vendor-list-20040518.txt
  and send your comments to the PKI TC email list.

We will also discuss these documents at the PKI TC
meeting tomorrow. The Ask Vendors SC has not discussed
a schedule for sending out this survey, but I expect
that it will go out in about a week. So get your
comments in soon!

Thanks,

Steve

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature