Subject: Re: [pki-tc] PLEASE REVIEW draft Ask Vendors survey and vendor list

Steve/All,

Here are my comments and suggestions:

1) While many of the vendors on this list probably understand the benefits
    of PKI-enabling their applications, it would be useful to include a
    paragraph - for Product Managers not too familiar with the benefits of
    PKI - why PKI-enabling their applications is good for their customers
    and their bottom-line.  It appears to me, we're assuming the vendors
    already know these benefits and just need to tell us what's stopping
    them from supporting PKI;

2) In question #1, we ask "what sort of PKI support do they include?";
    might it not be useful to provide some examples, such as:

	a) Digital Signatures
	b) Certificate-based authentication
	c) Encryption
	d) Other: (please explain) _______________________

3) In the E-Commerce vendors section, I propose we add the following
    vendors to the list to be queried:

	a) Middleware vendors, such as IBM, Sun, Oracle, BEA, Tibco,
	   Microsoft, CA, etc.
	b) Database vendors: IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Sybase, MySQL, etc.
	c) Application vendors: Oracle, PeopleSoft, Siebel, Lawson,
	   Microsoft, CA, etc.
	d) Operating System vendors: Microsoft, Sun, Red Hat, Novell,
	   Apple, HP, IBM, etc.
	e) E-Commerce operators: Amazon, E-bay, Priceline, Orbitz,
	   Salesforce, etc.

     I realize that I'm working on defining the E-Commerce section as part
     of the Application Guidelines SC; however, since this SC is ready to go
     out with a questionnaire, I thought it might be useful to add to this
     list now, rather than wait for the E-commerce defintion before we get
     any answers from them.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.