Subject: [Fwd: Comment on SOX Section 404 - Management Assessment of InternalControls]

I'm not sure, but I believe I've hit upon the mother lode of business
drivers for PKI - SOX Section 404 compliance!

I raised this issue with two CSO's of major financial companies (who
have spent many millions of dollars on getting themselves ready, to
certify their internal controls by end of this year) and their only
response was "That is a very good question!".

I believe this issue completely missed their radar.

If you believe this issue has merit, I would recommend that OASIS
put out a press release highlighting this issue and mentioning how
digital certificates with external cryptographic tokens can provide
a measure of control that allows them to be SOX compliant.  Every
publicly traded company has to certify to these controls by June 2005.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.

P.S. I would also recommend forwarding this to the people in your
own company who're responsible for SOX compliance to see if they're
aware of this.  I believe the deadline for certifying Section 404
controls is November 15th, to the best of my knowledge.