Subject: re:[pki-tc] Question on PKI for financial institutions

I have my own theories about this, but I was wondering if Identrus is
involved with the PKI TC at all?  It would be good to reference Identrus's
latest value proposition.

[My own view is that we need to transition to embedded PKI, ideally in the
form of smartcards and related devices.  And apply seamless, invisible
digital signatures to suitable transactions, like loan documentation,
insurance claims, securities trading etc where there is (a) high risk, (b)
high longevity, and (c) multiple Relying Parties.  If we can make PKI
embedded to the same extent as magnetic stripe technology, then there is
no question of having to "sell" it to end users of financial services.]

Cheers,

Stephen Wilson
Lockstep Consulting
ABN 59 593 754 482

11 Minnesota Ave
Five Dock NSW 2046
Australia

P +61 (0)414 488 851

--------------------

About Lockstep
Lockstep was established in early 2004 by noted authentication expert
Stephen Wilson, to provide independent advice and analysis on cyber
security policy, strategy, risk management, and identity management.
Lockstep is also developing unique new smartcard solutions to address
privacy and identity theft.
Contact swilson@lockstep.com.au.

> PKI TC members,
>
> I have received the following question:
>
>  > How can financial institutions, like banks,
>  > "sell" PKI technology to customers, from a
>  > business point of view and not a security/risk
>  > mitigation point of view?
>
> I don't have much expertise in this area so
> I thought I'd pass the question on to this
> august body. Any ideas?
>
> If you want to contact the questioner directly,
> please let me know and I'll put you in touch.
> He's not a PKI TC member so he can't send to
> this list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

the OASIS TC), goto http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pki-