Subject: Fwd: PKI SC Status Reports Due Today

In attempting to understand the lack of support for PKI
in applications - specifically related to e-commerce - I've
been doing some informal research into the area (talking
to people where some intensive PKI work is going on &
who're trying to build digital signatures into business
applications/processes).

I've come to the realization that the single biggest
difficulty is the ability to digitally sign a transaction in a
web-application in a standardized way. If you talk to a
developer long enough, they will explain many different
ways that one can solve this problem, but none that are
standardized.

I'm contemplating doing a little more research on the
subject (mainly, I have to read some documents that
I've found on the Internet) and intend to formulate a
position that I can bring up to the SC/TC to discuss
how we might want to go about simplifying this.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.
(Application Guidelines SC)
--- Begin Message ---
Status reports from PKI TC subcommittees are
due today. If you could submit a status report
from your SC to the PKI TC list, that would
be great.

Thanks,

Steve

--- End Message ---