Subject: RE: [pki-tc] RE: New PKI Resources Page and ROI paper - REVIEW DRAFT

David et al

That's a very fair comment.  My drafting has been imbued I guess with the
higher end type of PKI application that dominates my life.  I have
doubtless overlooked enterprise type PKIs run of self-signed certificate
servers etc.

So ... we could re-draft the affected sections with a risk-management type
of emphasis, stressing that backend security and controls should be
selected commensurate with the threat of attack and counterfeiting for the
application at hand.  Obviously provisions/cover for liability are also a
movable feast depending totally on the application.  For enterprise CAs
supporting internal email, intranet functions etc. the provisions are
probably zero.

Cheers,

Stephen.

Stephen Wilson
Lockstep Consulting Pty Ltd
ABN 59 593 754 482

11 Minnesota Ave
Five Dock NSW 2046
Australia

P +61 (0)414 488 851

About Lockstep
Lockstep was established in early 2004 by noted authentication expert
Stephen Wilson, to provide independent advice and analysis on cyber
security policy, strategy, risk management, and identity management.
Lockstep is also developing unique new smartcard solutions to address
privacy and identity theft.
Contact swilson@lockstep.com.au.