Subject: Re: [pki-tc] Call for input: Asia PKIF Forum Panel Discussion

Stephen,

We probably all have our own agendas so I cannot really ask for
you to run my take on the PKI business, which is essentially saying
that securing the enterprise and securing enterprise-2-enterprise
information exchange are two separate issues that IMHO benefit from
being separated.

In Asia they have apparently bought into the end-to-end security model.

But every financial institution have a different security solution for backend
bank-2-bank transactions (like SWIFT) than they have for their employees.

My blunt question is simply: Do the Asian PKI people believe that banks
have gotten this wrong and should change to full end-to-end security?

In fact I think this question might as well be answered by the PKI-TC members
as it in its simplicity actually holds the blueprint to the PKI of the future.

regards
Anders

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Wilson" <swilson@lockstep.com.au>
To: <pki-tc@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 01:28

Hi everyone

I'm in Taipei now, about to start the Asia PKI Forum meetings, and making
last minute preparations!

These include getting ready for my panel discussion on Thursday regarding
security, privacy, and cybercrime in the ubiquitous network, as discussed
a couple of weeks ago.

Does anyone have any last minute thoughts please on these topics, per my
request below?

Absent any feedback from the TC, my remarks to the conference will
concentrate on the need for EMV and other smartcards to be pushed much
harder, with embedded PKI for mutual authentication, protecting against
MITM, phishing and spam, and providing the privacy enhancing options of
multiple personae, control over one's keys, and decoupling of names from
identifiers.

Thanks for any input.  Cheers,

Stephen Wilson.