Subject: XKMS promotion and adoption

The W3C recently announced that their XML
Key Management (XKMS) Activity has fulfilled
its goals and will be shutting down. I have
received a suggestion that the PKI TC or PKI MS
should consider launching a promotion or
adoption effort around XKMS. I'd like to
solicit feedback on this idea, especially
from organizations using PKI.

Please send me answers to a few questions.
I'll tally the responses and summarize
to the PKI TC.

1) Does your organization use PKI? For what?

2) Are you familiar with XKMS?

3) Does your organization use XKMS or is it
    considering using XKMS? If so, how?

4) Do you think that an XKMS adoption or
    promotion effort would be a good activity
    for the PKI TC or PKI MS? If so, would
    you like to participate in this effort?

For more information about XKMS, see:

http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS