Subject: Re: Transaction PKI. Was:PKI-TC@PKI Workshop

Dear Arshad,

I am curious to know how this project is to be managed.  It seems that
"we" are going to produce "something", but that this will not be following
common OASIS procedures with issues, votings, deliverables etc.

I do believe that we should have some kind of embryonic specification
before somebody is contracted for dev. work.  I have for example
mentioned the connection between the "view", "data" and the signature
as an important and actually very difficult area.  If we cannot define
this, I doubt that we will be able to follow much else of what the
contractor is doing.  BTW, we are apparently looking for one of the
top ten browser/PKI/security coder/designers in the world!

Regarding my participation:
I consider the 18-page PPT, the fairly ambitious FAQ, and a runnable
test site as a rather tangible input to this project.  Although you (and
the TC?) do not seem to agree with my clearly stated goals[1] and the
FAQ,  there must be pretty much the same issues in T-PKI.

regards
Anders Rundgren

1] Universal, platform- and document-format independent "sign-off" utility
designed for interactive web applications.  With the hope that it should
eventually become a "standard" in web browsers.  I.e. the counterpart
to the S/MIME signature support available in every e-mail client.