Subject: digital signatures for OASIS standards

Hi folks,

  About a month or so ago, Arshad suggested that OASIS establish a PKI and issue chairs digital certificates. Can you enlighten me
on what it would take to implement such a proposal?

a) how do we obtain a PKI?
b) is there a cost associated?
c) how do we create digital certificates?
d) how are they applied to documents?
e) would you need a different certificate for each type of document? (pdf, odf, doc, etc.)?
f) any other questions that I haven't thought of?

Thanks; staff is very interested in this proposal.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
OASIS