pki-testing message

Subject: Status update on testing

Paul,

I wanted to make sure you have an update on
the talks with Open Group on PKI interoperability
testing and certification. As you recall, I
stumbled on this when talking to Chris Harding
about giving a talk at the January 2005 Open Group
conference about PKI. They had already booked
a PKI speaker, but wanted to talk about PKI testing.

I have had several concalls with Chris Harding
and Ian Dobson of Open Group as well as Andy Moir,
who is in charge of testing at OASIS. There are
serious talks between OASIS and The Open Group
about collaborating on testing. This wouldn't
just cover PKI, but SAML and other standards also.

Andy has promised to keep you and me posted
as this progresses. He hopes to have some
real idea of how this will progress by January.

So this is a step in the right direction!

Thanks,

Steve