Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] Workshops: Reference data and DEXs

Title: Workshops: Reference data and DEXs
All,
I could attend all day Thursday and probably up to lunchtime Friday, if that helps anyone.
regards

Adrian
Landline +44 (0) 117 979 5820
Mobile +44 (0) 788 0798 370
-----Original Message-----
From: Trine.Hansen@dnv.com [mailto:Trine.Hansen@dnv.com]
Sent: 09 March 2004 11:40
To: plcs-dex@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: plcs-modelers-l@aticorp.org
Subject: [plcs-dex] Workshops: Reference data and DEXs

DEX domain experts and modellers.

In Ft Lauderdale we (Rob Bodington, Tim Turner, Leif Gyllstöm, Trine Hansen, Magne Valen-Sendstad, Tim King, Ian Bailey) started to define classes for registration of PLCS reference data. The idea is to reuse the ontology established in ISO 15926 and define an appropriate taxonomy. The ambition is to define a certain amount of classes that can be used for registration of DEX reference data. Of course we also have to write some user guidance in relation to this process. The intention is also to establish tools for the activity.

So far only some PLCS/OASIS modellers and Magne Valen-Sendstad (ISO 15926 expert) have been involved in this activity (totally two workshops in Ft Lauderdale). It is of outmost importance that ALL involved modellers and domain experts take place in this activity!

In connection with the OASIS meeting in Oslo 30 – 31 March, we plan to arrange workshops to continue the class definitions for reference data on following days:

I strongly recommend all involved modellers and at least one domian expert from each DEX team to attend.

Best Regards
Trine Hansen
UCTNO940, Information Quality Management
Det Norske Veritas AS
( + 47 67 57 96 38 (office)
( + 47 90 83 44 24 (mobile)
* trine.hansen@dnv.com
http://www.dnv.com

Neither the confidentiality nor the integrity of this message can be guaranteed following transmission on the Internet.
All messages sent to a DNV email addressee are swept by Sybari Antigen for the presence of computer viruses.
DNV acknowledges that SPAM email represents a potential security risk, and DNVs filters to block unwanted emails are therefore continuously adjusted. DNV has disabled "out of office" replies to the Internet

The data contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information. If you have received it in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and contact +44(0)1332 242424 (the Rolls-Royce IT Security Director) if you need assistance. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.

An e-mail response to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.

(c) 2004 Rolls-Royce plc

Registered office: 65 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6AT

Company number: 1003142. Registered in England.