Subject: identifiable effectivity requirements?

Hi All,

I have been re-doing the effectivity stuff and noticed that although
effectivity has an .id attribute, I cannot place an identification
assignment on effectivity as the identification_item select type does not
extend to this (or the subtypes of effectivity). I automatically tried to do
this since we don't use the local id attributes, but are there any
requirement for this?

I note that generally, an instance of effectivity should not exist in
isolation, i.e. it should either part of an effectivity assignment or part
of a configuration effectivity - though there seems nothing to enforce this.
Through these relationships, instances of effectivity can be identified
(indirectly). The question I guess - is whether an instance of effectivity
needs to be directly/uniquely identifiable?

regards,
Tim