Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] Changes to the reference data

I meant to say that the identification approach is derived from ISO 15926. We have not yet harmonized the input from TRILS / DEFSTAN 0060

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited
Web Page:
http://www.eurostep.com http://www.share-a-space.com
Email: Rob.Bodington@eurostep.com
Phone: +44 (0)1454 270030
Mobile: +44 (0)7796 176 401

-----Original Message-----
From:
Rob Bodington [mailto:rob.bodington@eurostep.com]
Sent: 03 September 2004 08:53
To:
plcs-dex@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc:
Mike Newton; Andy Burden
Subject: [plcs-dex] Changes to the reference data

Hi

Following the discussions that we had at the modellers meeting in Bristol and subsequent telecoms, I have updated my reference data:  dexlib/data/refdata/plcs_owl/plcs-rdl-rbn.owl

To reflect the decisions that we made /actions on me.

The major change is that we agreed not to create a separate taxonomy, but instead start with the PLCS model and make sub classes.

However, it then becomes difficult to see what are the PLCS reference data classes as they are subclasses of the model.

So to make life easier, I have created a dummy class:

PLCS_RDL_classes

And then made all plcs entities that have been extended by reference data sub classes of  PLCS_RDL_classes

(You have to this in XML as Protege will not allow you to make imported classes subclasses of anything)

Also, to avoid confusion, I have deliberately excluded all the previous “in-work” plcs reference data.

The main changes that I have made are outlined below.

Comments welcome.

I would also like to start producing a single agreed, proposed set of initial PLCS reference data.

I.e. move the classes from individual modeller files to a central PLCS file.

Identification.

I have changed the structure and class names to conform to what we agreed. (As shown in the diagram)

Date time

I have created some explicit classes for Dates: . (As shown in the diagram)

Failure mode

I have also added the failure modes that we discussed.

This definitely needs more work.