Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] Classification of type and individual

Les,
    it would be worth checking with the Royal Engineers that only pre-defined configurations are allowed, and they do not modify their vehicles away from the manufacturer's specification - something I believe they have done in the past.

Sean Barker
ATC Filton
0117 302 8184

-----Original Message-----
From: Les Debenham [mailto:lad@lsc.co.uk]
Sent: 07 March 2005 14:57
To: plcs-dex@lists.oasis-open.org

*** WARNING ***

Rob,

As a support engineer I object to what you did in your third paragraph. Under what circumstances in our work of "Supporting" a product are we going to allow you to modify your bicycle to a non-approved configuration.  At the first configuration audit you will be told to de-modify until your product_as_realized (bike) conforms to its correct configuration. You may apply a change to your configuration if that change (Souped Up) is allowable for your realized instance of the product design (effectivity).

To be more precise "Souped up" is a variant of the design. You are right it is not a classification.

Yours configuring for ever,
Les