Subject: Guidance needed

I do not know how to resolve the follwing issue against Cap C077 Assigning_process_properties, and need your guidance:

Open issueIssue: SB-2 by Sean barker (05-11-18) minor_technical issue
Resolution: Accept. Status: open

The assignment of Effectivity to an activity_property needs to be described.

Comment: (Peter Bergström 2006-06-05)
Is this needed more than a description of how to assign a condition, an approval, an identification, a document, a language_indication, a justification or a task_method (just to mention a few) to an activity_property? Or shouldn't this be described in a capability for how to assign effectivities?
I think we might have a philosophical issue here: If something is not described in the capability, but the schema allows it, is it then not allowed (or deprecated) in the OASIS guidelines? Is it 'illegal'? Especially now with the templates, I can sense an unspoken conception that nothing except what's in the templates (or capabilities) is allowed. I would like this to be true, since life would be easier then, but I fear that we have forgotten to mention a lot of 'common sense' assignments to many entities in all of the capabilities in that case (just look at the list at the beginning of this paragraph!). Maybe we need to decide what 'conformance' to the OASIS PLCS DEXs or Capabilities really mean? And then possibly add all those assignments to all capabilities?
Or maybe I have just misunderstood this issue altogether...?

Thanks for your help.

Peter Bergström

Eurostep