Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] Reporting activities

Thanks Sean,

All Activities must be related to a ‘choosen_method’, i.e. an Activity_method (or Task_method or Scheme, etc). Thereby, the reported activity has a connection to its method. If you want to report against parts of the task_method or scheme, you need to create Activity_actual’s for those specific parts (and I would suppose you would have one Activity_actual that represented the entire work, but I’m not sure if that is always reauired). I’m not sure if this can be realistically implemented if your task_method is described with task_steps, decision_points, ‘loops’ and ‘do until…’, but that is the only way I see it done. Did you have any particular solution in mind?

Whenever something is not executed according to plan, a justification should be used. I did not mention it in my brief summary below, but I think it is already in the capability representing_work_done. It will be in Representing_product_usage (now called representing_activity_actual) for operational purposes also, even if it is not as clear a requirement there (to me).

If the above is not enough, please enlighten me!

Peter

From: Barker, Sean (UK) [mailto:Sean.Barker@baesystems.com]
Sent: den 9 januari 2007 12:16
To: Peter Bergström; plcs-dex@lists.oasis-open.org

One complication that you may also consider is the need to report against task_method and scheme. A complication that arises is that a task may not have been done as specified, that only some of the step of a task may need to be reported and that reporting has to take account of variations and decisions made when following a task specification.

Sean Barker

0117 302 8184