plcs-tog message

Subject: [plcs-tog] OASIS PLCS TC concept model

Title: OASIS PLCS TC concept model
Mats,

We have spent some more time on the concept model and come up with a new 'UK MoD' version (see attached). We have only done this because recreating your version (as a slide show) made it easier to get the concepts clear in our own minds. We have also attempted to describe some of the 'boxes'

We offer this as a contribution to the development of the final version. Feel free to comment on any errors, misconceptions, inconsistencies etc.

Over to you

Phil
-----Original Message-----
From: mats.nilsson@fmv.se [mailto:mats.nilsson@fmv.se]
Sent: 06 October 2005 08:58
To: ils-dm@a.dii.mod.uk; plcs-tog@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: SV: [plcs-tog] OASIS PLCS TC concept model

I like the slideshow. Excellent! Much easier to follow.

Some remarks:
- In my opinion, 'term' and 'name' are synonymns. A term has no definition. A term "labels" a concept. A 'concept' has one or more terms/names and a definition (possibly in different languages).
- Is 'EX ...' short for EXchange or should it be 'DEX ...'?
- There are two 'ISO 10303 Application Module' boxes.
- I like the idea of not using the 'Business Concept' term. I'm not sure I quite understand what you've suggested instead. Could you explain it in words?!

Regards,
  Mats
Mats Nilsson, FMV