plcs-tog message

Subject: Agenda for the TOG meeting

Hi

During the recent TOG telecom, I picked up an action from Tor Arne to summarise what I thought were the prioritised list of topics to be addressed at the face to face TOG meeting. So here goes …

1.       Plan the development of the DEXs
Do this by:

a.       Identifying the current active DEXs,

b.       From this identify the capabilities required,

c.       From this identify the templates needed.

Establish which are being funded and worked on, then plan bottom up from the templates:

a.       Identifying who is developing the template, when it will be delivered by.

b.       Identifying who is developing the capability, when it will be delivered by.

c.       Identifying who is developing the DEXs, when it will be delivered by

Then decide what to do about the areas that are not being funded. Past experience shows that simply putting names against capabilities with no guarantee of funding simply avoids addressing the issue.

2.       Plan the development of the reference data.
Do this by:

a.       Identifying which projects are developing reference data

b.       Plan for  a harmonisation workshop where we integrate the ref data developed on various projects.

Highlight where there are funding shortfalls and decide what to do about it.

3.       Plan the establishment of  test rally.
Do this by:

a.       Identifying what is required

Highlight where there are funding shortfalls and decide what to do about it.

There is a theme running through this – funding!

Perhaps we should plan around the funding that we have available.

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited