plcs-tog message

Subject: SV: [plcs-tog] RE: [PLCS-tog] TOG Telecom November 10th 2005, 15:00 UK time

Is there a telecom today???

Could we agree on that future telecoms/events/meetings are added to the OASIS TOG/TC calendar?!

Regards,
  Mats
Mats Nilsson, FMV

Från: Nigel Newling [mailto:nfn@lsc.co.uk]
Skickat: den 17 november 2005 11:34
Till: plcs-tog@lists.oasis-open.org

Group,

For a number of reasons, the DEX 4 initiative has had difficulty in re-base lining the information model overview and, in consequence, mapping the DEX requirement to Capabilities. This has to be done before work can be focused on bringing the in-scope Capabilities up to the required standard of maturity. Some Capabilities are obviously required and we have been recording issues against these where appropriate. DEX 4 also assumes that a task library resource is available to the enterprise. This is currently being defined in the DEX 3 work, so the DEX 4 programme has to include a measure of 'lag' to be able it to follow the DEX 3 lead.

Work has continued on the development of the Concept Model. I believe it is necessary that this work be brought to a conclusion so that we have a common understanding of the environment we are trying to create and the terminology we should be using to describe it. I note with concern, for example, that the latest, much simplified, version makes no mention of Business Concepts, yet, in DEXLib, considerable effort, particularly by the Norwegian team, is being concentrated on developing these. There is a clear need to bridge the gap between a business information exchange requirement, with its domain specific terminology, and a standardised data model specification. This is well demonstrated by Trine's e-mail '[PLCS-tog] Business concepts from the Norwegian implementation project' sent on 'Thu 03/11/2005 13:59', where it is recorded that the Norwegian project need, very understandably, has run ahead of the programme of DEX developments. We need to re-establish the link between the base DEX Specification and the Business Concepts related to it. This relationship must be captured in the Concept Model.

Believing that more work needs to be done to focus the issues before maximum value can be obtained from the f-t-f, I propose that we use today's telecon and next Tuesday's TC telecon to define the agenda for a f-t-f starting in Keynsham at 12:00 on Monday 28 Nov and concluding at 13:00 on Wednesday 30 November. I have used this message as it contains two sets of agenda that I have marked up withy my proposed amendments.

Nigel