plcs-tog message

Subject: RE: [plcs-tog] Publication of reference data

Thanks for your comments.  Make perfect sense to me // and that’s scary!

From: Tor Arne Irgens [mailto:tai@sfk.mil.no]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:38 AM
To: kreilerc@mantech-wva.com; rob.bodington@eurostep.com; 'Tim Turner'; Trine.Hansen@dnv.com; plcs-tog@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Howard.Mason@baesystems.com; torbjorn.holm@eurostep.com; jerry.smith@disa.mil

The position of NDLO is that reference data related to products, parts and other resources should be hold in ISO 15926. The usage of this reference data will be in the context of PLCS, S1000D, SCORM to mention but a few functional domain standards to be used by NDLO. This is our position as of 1997 and is reflected in our presentations on various standardization arenas, including sc4 at Lillehammer 2005, and included engagement in various 15926 related projects. Currently OLF, DNV and NDLO cooperate on a 3 year project to establish a 15926 based Reference Data Services.

From the PLCS TOG perspective we have a long term aim for PLCS to be able to use 15926 based RD. Short term we need something easy to use NOW, hence the OWL approach.

I hope this does not clutter the pictureJ

Best regards

Tor Arne Irgens