plcs-tog message

Subject: Groups - TOG Techical ws added

Dear TOG members and guests,
We are now at a piont where we need to complete a set of resources and get
ready for ballot on some of the DEXs, set up an implementers forum +++.
But not a lof will happen unless we can get funding in place. There are a
few funding possebilities ahead provided we can present a feasable plan.

Welcome to the ws

Tor Arne
chair TOG

 -- Mr Tor Arne Irgens

TOG Techical ws has been added by Mr Tor Arne Irgens

Date:  Wednesday, 10 May 2006
Time:  All Day

Event Description:
Venue DNV offices in Stockholm;
Warfvinges vg 19B
11251 Stockholm

Trine to provide more details.

Agenda:
We have tentatively agreed to have a PLCS technical meeting in Stockholm 8th to 11th May followed by a TOG meeting on the 12th.

Given that most of the funded work will have been completed by then, there is a significant likelihood that we will have a technical meeting, at which decisions will be made, but with no funding in placed to do any of the subsequent work.

It therefore seems more appropriate to have an extended TOG meeting with the objective of producing a detailed list of all the work that is required to be done to complete the first set of DEXs. This list can then be presented to the potential fund holders for prioritization and funding consideration.We have tentatively agreed to have a PLCS technical meeting in Stockholm 8th to 11th May followed by a TOG meeting on the 12th.

Given that most of the funded work will have been completed by then, there is a significant likelihood that we will have a technical meeting, at which decisions will be made, but with no funding in placed to do any of the subsequent work.

It therefore seems more appropriate to have an extended TOG meeting with the objective of producing a detailed list of all the work that is required to be done to complete the first set of DEXs. This list can then be presented to the potential fund holders for prioritization and funding consideration.

SUGGESTED AGENDA:

Information Content

1) Review Templates Capabilities, DEXs
   Identifying state of completion of existing ones and identifying those not yet started.
2) Review state of reference data and identify main work areas still to be done
3)  Consider impact of changes to modules used by AP239 made by the AP233 and Ap210 teams

Impact on DEXlib (noting that DEXlib sits next to and depends on STEPmod)?

Does this trigger the need for a new edition of Ap239?

Infrastructure issues

Identify other major infrastructure tasks required to continue development of DExs

Do we need to do further work on the template language?

Should we consider a simplified XML Schema that produces the same XML data as P28 ed2?

Process issues

Identify process issues such as checklists, processes, voting procedures

1)   Capability development
2)   DEX development
3)   RDL development
4)   Help for using  / developing in DEXlib

Publication issues
1) How and what to publish, including DEXs and reference data

Conformance testing
Identify what is required to perform PLCS conformance testing. E.g. test data, test analysis tools, implementer's forums.

Service Oriented Architecture
What work is required to enable PLCS to be used in a SOA environment? E.g. PLCS web services, RDL web services

Consider developing a UML model of PLCS.

Minutes:

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Thursday, 11 May 2006, All Day
Friday, 12 May 2006, All Day

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/plcs-tog/event.php?event_id=11810

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20060426T000000Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20060510
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20060511
SEQUENCE:0
SUMMARY:TOG Techical ws
  Stockholm\n \nTrine to provide more details.\n\nGroup: PLCS Technical
  Oversight Group SC\nCreator: Mr Tor Arne Irgens
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/plcs-tog/event.php?event_id=11810
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/plcs-tog/event.php?event_id=11810
END:VEVENT
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20060426T000000Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20060511
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20060512
SEQUENCE:1
SUMMARY:TOG Techical ws
  Stockholm\n \nTrine to provide more details.\n\nGroup: PLCS Technical
  Oversight Group SC\nCreator: Mr Tor Arne Irgens
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/plcs-tog/event.php?event_id=11811
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/plcs-tog/event.php?event_id=11811
END:VEVENT
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20060426T000000Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20060512
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20060513
SEQUENCE:2
SUMMARY:TOG Techical ws
  Stockholm\n \nTrine to provide more details.\n\nGroup: PLCS Technical
  Oversight Group SC\nCreator: Mr Tor Arne Irgens
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/plcs-tog/event.php?event_id=11812
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/plcs-tog/event.php?event_id=11812
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR