plcs-tog message

Subject: FW: Split of Task_specification module.

This email from Lothar reinforces the point that was made at the TOG
planning session that the SC4 folks are raising SEDS against the PLCS
modules and creating new editions. This is obviously to meet their project
requirements.

The PLCS team needs to monitor this to make sure that changes are not made
that adversely affect AP239.

Right now, I don't believe that anyone is doing this monitoring.

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited
Web Page: http://www.eurostep.com http://www.share-a-space.com
Email: Rob.Bodington@eurostep.com
Phone: +44 (0)1452 810 960
Mobile: +44 (0)7796 176 401

-----Original Message-----
From: Lothar Klein [mailto:lothar.klein@lksoft.com]
Sent: 09 June 2006 08:04
To: StepMod@tc184-sc4.org
Subject: Split of Task_specification module.

Hi,

Looking to stepmod I see that the released module
  ISO/TS 10303-1262:2004 Task specification
is going to be split into the new Task element module.

Did I miss a SEDS on this topic? My understanding is that a released
module can't be modified without having a SEDS and some kind of
agreement within WG12. At least these rules applied for the AP210
modularization project.

Lothar

--
// Lothar Klein, LKSoftWare GmbH