plcs-tog message

Subject: FW: PLCS TC - the next edition ????

I guess this reply was not received by the TOG as Gerry is not on the exploder

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited
Web Page:
http://www.eurostep.com http://www.share-a-space.com
Email: Rob.Bodington@eurostep.com
Phone: +44 (0)1452 810 960
Mobile: +44 (0)7796 176 401
Skype: rbodington

From: Radack, Gerald [mailto:Radack@ctc.com]
Sent: 21 February 2007 12:58
To: Mason, Howard (UK); Rob Bodington
Cc: plcs-tog@lists.oasis-open.org; Hunten, Keith A
Subject: RE: PLCS TC - the next edition ????

Howard:

In addition to CM issues, the disadvantage of a TC is that hyperlinks would not work.  And when somebody buys an AP, don’t they get all the modules also?  It would be a mess if they have buy the AP, then paste in the changed modules in order to get the correct configuration.  So I believe that a complete new version of AP 239 should be built.  I thought it was easy to do a build with STEPMOD.  And now that EuroSTEP developed the CM tool, it should be even easier to do a build with the configuration that is needed.

I do not believe that we have a policy requiring a modular AP to use all the latest editions of the modules.  You can use the modules that AP 239 currently uses, as long as they are still published by ISO.  Has SC4 been requesting that ISO keep older versions of modules on the books?  Assuming that is the case, if the error is only in part 439, then you only need to create new versions of parts 439 and 239.

Would ISO allow us to use the TC process (which does not require ballot) but to provide a complete new package, rather than the usual change document?

Gerry