plcs-tog message

Subject: RE: [plcs-tog] TOG telecom

The challenge with Nicolas is the same as our other member teams, which are effectively established external to OASIS and coordinated through TOG.  We cannot and should not prevent the formation of such teams (so there is no approval process for creating a team), but need to encourage them to collaborate through TOG in their development - and contribute resources to the TC work.

This defines the TOG membership as being representatives of DEX developers plus core team, with sec and chair.

The decision point is whether the DEX gets published by OASIS, which is a TC decision, based on TOG recommendation.

This probably needs to go in plcs-resources somewhere, as a simple front door process - input from the likes of Nicolas and Bryant who have tried to pick up the process will give us good guidance on the current shortfalls of the documentation.

Howard Mason
Corporate IT Office
Tel: +44 1252 383129
Mob: +44 780 171 3340
Eml: howard.mason@baesystems.com
BAE Systems plc
Registered Office: 6 Carlton Gardens, London, SW1Y 5AD, UK
Registered in England & Wales No: 1470151

From: Rob Bodington [mailto:rob.bodington@eurostep.com]
Sent: 18 February 2009 16:24
To: plcs-tog@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: LogOps-PolLogInfoJtArch2C1@mod.uk
Subject: [plcs-tog] TOG telecom

*** WARNING ***

Hi

Nicolas Figay joined the PLCS TC telecom and discussed a technical data pack dex.

He raised a number of issues about the process as to how to go about creating a dex.

How to get approval for the creation of the dex, how to create the team etc.

Maybe I have missed something .. but … I am not sure that we have a clear process on this … or whether it is documented.

Also …. I think that the membership of TOG should be considered

Who is a member?

Why are they members?

What are the criteria for membership?

Is it by invite or self selecting?

There was also some discussion on the call about when we should modify the templates to use the Ap239e2 schema, which I think that we should discuss

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited
Web Page:
http://www.eurostep.com http://www.share-a-space.com
Email: Rob.Bodington@eurostep.com
Phone: +44 (0)1452 810 960
Mobile: +44 (0)7796 176 401
Skype: rbodington

Eurostep Limited. Registered in England and Wales No.03049099

Registered Office: Cwttir Lane, St. Asaph, Denbighshire LL17 0LQ.