plcs-tog message

Subject: RE: [plcs-tog] FW: TOG telecom

I think Mats is correct & (with due respect) his email provides a starter on the much needed discussions required if the TOG is to really be anything more than a name.

His last point implies that the TOG needs to be (seen and act with) impartiality from those developing DEXs.
Is this a contentious statement for anyone or something that we all agree with?

IMHO impartiality can only be achieved if the TOG is not driven by the same resources that may fund the DEX/template development teams.

Therefore, this calls into question how the TOG should be funded. Whilst this is a critical issue, it should not be the initial driver in answering questions 1-4 on the list below. However, there may be another question that comes first - do we need a TOG? This might help in the subsequent discussion(s).

Best Regards,
Tim

Tim Turner

Executive Consultant

LSC Group Limited

Lincoln House, Wellington Crescent, Fradley Park,

Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 8RZ, England

Tel: +44 (0) 1543 446800

Fax: +44 (0) 1543 446900

Mob: +1 843 271 4353

Email: tjt@lsc.co.uk