plcs message

Subject: RE: [plcs] Invitation - Net meeting Thursday 13 May 2004

Title: Message
Agree with you Mike.
It's an action on Leif and myself (since the OASIS meeting in Oslo in March/April) to establish drafts of review check lists for capabilities and DEXs.
Leif and I met yesterday in Stckholm and started the work. Hopefully we can send out the drafts for comments after our next workshop 26 May.

Regards
Trine
-----Original Message-----
From: Newton, Mike Lt Cdr [mailto:ils-plcs@a.dii.mod.uk]
Sent: 11. mai 2004 14:38
To: Hansen, Trine
Cc: Newton, Mike Lt Cdr; 'adrian.blenkiron@rolls-royce.com'

Dear Trine

I hope to be able to join you on Thursday but in the mean time I will be posting a DEX 7 status update (based on Rob Bodington's input to me) onto the OASIS Operational Feedback sub committee site later on today.

In addition to the the normal development issues one point that has come up is the question of  'Review Consistency' across  DEXs.  Should we just review as we see fit or should the team leaders (or the co ordination sub committee) get together with the aim of producing a 'review template'  that could be adopted by all reviewers thus providing a framework for  a consistent method  of review across DEXs.   I have been in conversation with Adrian Blenkiron about this and he supports the need for some sort of review template and I have pasted below his thoughts from a recent EMail:

There is as far as we can tell no definition of what "review a DEX" means. How will we achieve a common standard among the different DEXs and teams without some guidance document? For example if all the capabilities within the DEX have been individually reviewed is all that is left a review of the textual (business part) of the DEX, or something greater than this implied?
We feel that this subject should at least be brought up at the DEX telecon and perhaps a one day  workshop be arranged to produce a guidance paper, at least a common checklist. Maybe someone is confident enough about the [DEX review] process to make a stab at the guidance notes alone.

Would welcome your view.

Mike Newton