plcs message

Subject: RE: [plcs] RE: New DEX 8 - Overview

Mike,

I shall be at the meeting on Friday so we can touch base then.

I had seen this diagram some time ago but assumed that Tom's newer version
was the one to base any changes on. However, I will check the overlap with
your original.

Most issues are being logged against the capabilities whilst my last few
emails tries to clarify the business usage.

The result is the diagram I sent around which is heavily organised around
the content described in the Introduction.

The major finding is the under-representation of product_as_planned. To
correct this means either introducing mirror copies of
representing/referencing product as realized /assembly/configuration (C045,
60, 67, 68, 81) but for product_as_planned rather than product_as_realized
or to rename these key capabilities and to add descriptions for
product_as_planned & the distinctions on there use.

Based upon the teleconference today, it has been determined to take the
latter approach & to rename those capabilities from xx_yy_realized to
xx_yy_individual. As you can see froom the diagram there are a few other new
capabilities that also need to be created.

I hope to have a draft in place by the end of the 1st week in September, but
will obviously be dependant upon other editors also.

Kind regards,
Tim