plcs message

Subject: RE: [plcs] New DEX 8 - Overview - V3

Title: Message
Thanks Gordon, often takes me more than once.  It will help to see some practical applications that I know you and others are putting in place.  Discussions tomorrow in Norfolk will be timely.  Mind that shower door.

Mike
-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Robb [mailto:gor@lsc.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 11:02 AM
To: Mcbride, Robert M; Gordon Robb
Cc: Plcs E-mail; Tim Turner (Offsite); Tom Hendrix E-mail

Hi  Mike,
How is LMCO.
We seem to be getting into the basic fundamentals of what a DEX is setting out to achieve.We see it as in principal sharing/exchanging a part of the AP 239 Assured Product and Support Information to meet a business requirement through a prescribed life cycle. The APSI (and its related information) could be held within a central repository and the ability of exchange/sharing a subset of that information is provided by the DEX.

DEX 8 was always going to describe the actual product in focus i.e what is the current configuration of my JSF.

My reworded DEX 8 business application words of 28 July 2004 tried to show the interfacing between the DEX's

This DEX enables the exchange of information about a product as individual for the purpose of supporting that product throughout life (product in focus (PIF))

It provides unambiguous identification of the PIF for support management purposes, its life and usage is reported on by utilising other DEXs (see Dex D002: fault_states), the analysis of tasks required to be performed (see Dex D003: task_set), and the generation of a logical plan for support (see Dex D005: maintenance_plan).

The support solution is put in place (commissioned) for when the PIF is in build and thereafter in service. From this point on, information is collected and feedback is provided to the support facility (see Dex D007: operational_feedback).

If maintenance is required, then a package of work is defined (see Dex D004: work_package_definition).

Once the work is authorized and carried out, a report is produced to indicate when the work was completed together with any documentation required for the item repaired (see Dex D009: work_package_report)."

I thought those words 'bounded' the activities of the DEX 8.

If DEX 7 business application model is viewed it identifies all the requisite activities to report on usage against DEX 8, NigelN is following the DEX 7 model for the DEX 9 activities.

I hope this provides the clarification required.

regards

Gordon

 -----Original Message----- From: Mcbride, Robert M [mailto:robert.m.mcbride@lmco.com]