plcs message

Subject: RE: [plcs] FW: [plcs-dex] Referencing data within other exchange files

Dave,

Neither am I trying to be difficult. I just sense that what we have is
sub-optimal at present.

I (for one) do not see that what we have at present will be widely adopted
either at present though maybe I'll have to eat my words one day - but at
least I'm putting my thoughts out there!

I agree that the context is all we need. I am trying to suggest that the
*content* of the entities that would normally hold this context be bottled
up some how such that we don't have to repeatedly create duplicate instances
of the thing we're trying to reference. To do this in such a way as to
negate the need to pull in the express definition of what is being
referenced would mean a smaller schema, better lines of delineation between
capabilities & a lesser requirement to create specific capabilities to
represent only those referenced entities (which are then pulled into a Dex).

I do not see the shipbuilding approach as a definitive solution but an
example of the sort of thing we could adapt - just as the building block
approach was also adapted to that of the module one.

I will try to dig out some of the requirements from T23 to at least see if
there is common ground on what they were aiming at.

regards
Tim