plcs message

Subject: Proposed Organisation document

Firstly, my thanks to Chris and Phil for working up this document.

Some thoughts/questions on the proposal from my perspective (linked to slide numbers:
p3) Are the pilots going to be represented directly on the TC, or through the voting representatives of the involved companies?  I assume the latter.
p3) Who provides/funds core staff, such as the Information Architect?
p3) Are the tool and business experts in the Technical Oversight group drawn from the TC voting members, or the larger group of experts that participate in the TC
p3) Do the testers in the QA function come from the pilot projects, or are these TC members?
p4) Is DEX development progress reported through the Technical Oversight group, or direct to the TC.  The former implies two levels of structure, which I have tried to avoid.
p4)  I assume the Tool Expert in the infrastructure team is the DEXlib support.
p5)  I believe the publication of AP239 is an SC4 issue, as is the formal maintenance.  That said, we will probably need to ensure that the TC has the necessary resource to address this.
p6) Is it intended that the Technical Oversight role includes coordination across DEXes, such as allocation of capability developments to DEX teams?
p6) By documentation, I assume we mean items such as  the cookbook
p6) Is the review of DEXes, etc, intended to cover technical consistency, since the editorial review is done elsewhere?
p9) I assume this provides the editorial review.

The mapping of the tasks that we identified in Bristol, including those defined by the synchronisation project, into this structure will test the framework.

Howard Mason