plcs message

Subject: Forum as a complement to e-mail discussions

 All,

At the Lillehammer meeting, when we were discussing how to avoid "never ending discussions" partly caused by everyone not attending all meetings or not reading/remembering the meeting notes, and thereby not beeing aware of ideas/explanations/issues/thoughts/etc earlier put forward, I suggested that an web-forum could help grouping discussions together and keeping them logically linked using threads. Meeting notes and action lists as well as ordinary discussions could become different threads.

This suggestion of course made my name appear on the action list as responsible to look into this matter...

I have nothing but a limited experience of forums as a user. I searched the web for secure forums but didn't really find anything interesting. I contacted the OASIS administration and they would look into my suggestion to add a forum service to the OASIS web site, but when and what becomes of this is unclear. I would like to spend more time investigating this, but it won't be possible in the near future.

If anyone of you have experience or thoughts about forum as a way of achieving higher quality in our work, please share this on the e-mail list.

Regards,
  Mats

Mats Nilsson
KE Logistic Methods
FMV - Swedish Defence Materiel Administration