plcs message

Subject: RE: Summary of changes made to DIS/IS AP239

Hi

I have created the select matrix spreadsheet and uploaded in to dexlib.

I have also updated the help files, so that there is a link to the AP239 stuff, including the select matrix.

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited
Web Page:
http://www.eurostep.com http://www.share-a-space.com
Email: Rob.Bodington@eurostep.com
Phone: +44 (0)1454 270030
Mobile: +44 (0)7796 176 401

-----Original Message-----
From:
Rob Bodington [mailto:rob.bodington@eurostep.com]
Sent: 15 April 2005 07:42
To: (plcs@lists.oasis-open.org)
Subject: Summary of changes made to DIS/IS AP239

Hi

Here is a summary of the changes that have been made to the AP239 modules in going from the DIS to IS versions.

I have only provided a high level overview. For details, I suggest looking at the modules and the module issue logs.

I have attached the issue log for the AP. This is a record of the ballot comments and our responses. It does not cover all the changes, for that, look in the issue log.

Nigel has also written some XSL that compares the DIS long form with the IS long form – the results are attached.

I have also identified the capabilities that have been affected. Note that some of these capabilities have already been updated to reflect the changed model. Just a reminder if you click on the modules button on dexlib, you will get a list of the modules, each of which shows the capability in which it is used.

If any modeller wants to chip in here with anything I have missed feel free!

Modules

Task_specification

Task has been renamed to Task_method

Task_method can now be versioned.

The following capabilities will need to be modified:

representing_task

representing_task_associations

representing_task_structure

referencing_task

Interface,

Changes have been made to accommodate harmonization issues with Ap210 and to better support hierarchical interfaces.

No capabilities have written for interface.

Product_as_indivdual,

The basic constructs have been remodelled. The main change is that a product_as_individual is now a product, NOT  a product_version

The following capabilities have been modified to reflect the changes:

representing_product_as_individual_configuration

representing_product_as_individual

referencing_product_as_individual

referencing_product_as_individual_configuration

The following capabilities still need to be modified:

representing_product_as_realized_assembly

representing_analysis_result

representing_product_location

Attachment_slot,

The change was primarily renaming of entities: slot to attachment_slot

The following capabilities need to be modified:

representing_slots

referencing_part_or_slot

In fact the capability should be renamed to  representing_attachment_slots

Resource modules

The following modules were changed

required_resource

resource_as_realized

resource_item

resource_management

resource_management_characterized

Changed to use measure item instead of value with unit for quantities.

Selects extended.

The following capabilities need to be modified:

assigning_resource_properties

referencing_resource

representing_resource

representing_resource_as_realized

Scheme

Like task, scheme can now be versioned.

The following capabilities need to be modified:

representing_scheme

referencing_scheme

Location

Some minor remodelling done

The following capabilities need to be modified (or have already been modified by Nigel Newling):

representing_location

representing_product_location

PDM modules

PLCS uses a most of the PDM modules.

There were a few changes to do with local where rules and optionally of attributes.

SELECTS

Another major change was the extension of various selects. The best thing is to look at the select spreadsheet.

I will create an up to date one, and load it to dexlib

The following modules were affected:

ap239_activity_recording

ap239_document_management

ap239_management_resource_information

ap239_part_definition_information

ap239_product_definition_information

ap239_product_life_cycle_support

ap239_product_status_recording

ap239_task_specification_resourced

ap239_work_definition

Mapping and other stuff

A number of the ARM to MIM mappings were corrected.

Some text was changed to conform to the convener directives

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited