plcs message

Subject: PLCS the AP

Hi

I have just uploaded the latest version of the PCLS AP to:

 http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/plcs/download.php/12365/iso10303_239_20050405.zip

This is the version sent to ISO for publication.

PLEASE BE AWARE that this has not been published by ISO yet.  They may yet request some minor editorial changes. The technical content will not change though.

If anyone is still using stepmod to view the AP and the modules used by PLCS, I would strongly recommend that you use the AP above.

Stepmod is the development environment. The AP is what is published.

The AP will be significantly faster than stepmod as it is HTML.

The AP will only show you the module used by PLCS – Stepmod contains hundreds of modules, half of which are not used by PLCS

Courtesy of Nigel, there are some very helpful navigation indices for listing the modules and all of the express entities.

A copy of stepmod is required for dexlib.

However, as we have completed the AP, it should not change (ISO permitting). So if you have done a CVS update of stepmod in the last week, you will not need to repeat the process.

You will of course have to keep dexlib up to date.

I will try to get the HTML version of dexlib up to date on the pennant site.

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited