plcs message

Subject: WinCVS version 2

Hi

You may find this useful – if you do, feel free to up date the Help files!

I have just installed the latest version of WinCVS 2.0.4 as I was having real problems with the older version – basically it never seemed to complete a CVS download.

The set up for using with SSH has changed a lot.

The good news it is a lot easier, seems a lot more reliable (nearly always downloads dexlib completely) and furthermore, they have speeded up SourceForge significantly

Basically all you have to do is check out a module and specify the CVROOT to be:

:ssh:<sf_username>@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/[sf_project]

e.g.

:ssh:robbod@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/dexlib

If you already have a module checked out, you will need to update you CVS/Root files in all of the directories to be the same as the above (or just check out a new version). If you don’t know what this means, I would strongly recommend downloading a clean version.

This all assumes that you have Pageant running with your key loaded.

For SourceForge I had to create an SSH2 DSA key for this to work – my old SSH1 key would not work.

All this is explained at SourceForge:

https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?group_id=1&docid=766#top

and for setting up Pageant ect:

https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?group_id=1&docid=761#top

For STEPmod – you should nearly all be using anonymous login, so the CVSROOT should be:

:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/stepmod

Putty and pageant remain the same. (I am using version 0.58)

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited