plcs message

Subject: RE: [plcs] XML Schema in PLCS - P28 edition 2 support

Title: RE: [plcs] XML Schema in PLCS - P28 edition 2 support

Hi Rob,

thanks for the update. I have been trying to generate the model for DEX4 - but so far I can only compile the EXPRESS model. I think there are either some new steps or something missing (well I also might be doing something wrong!

I parsed the dex_lf.exp file with eep -> Model.xml then I renamed this as the dex_lf.xml

I did the STEPMOD update as advised and displayed the resulting dex_lf.xml through Dexlib & copied to the dex_lf.xsd file.

However, I got complaints from the web browser.

In the end I noticed the header is different between the early Dexs and that of the more recent Aviation Dex, so I copied the header across for Dex 4 & tried that.

I do now get a result, but I don't think it is the proper P28-ed2 that I was hoping for. It seems like just a wrapper rather than any transformation to P28.

I also note that the Aviation Dex Express schema seems to include both the Dex schema name and the AP239 schema name within the rules (inherited from the modules I suppose). I presume that this will not compile as an Express schema (conflicting schema names), so I assume there is a work around of some sort for this.

I had changed all those for Dex4 to be the same as the Dex schema name, but maybe this is not necessary?

Other feedback on this is the (old) issue of the trailing comma "," after the pruning of subtypes which causes compilation errors.

Can you take a look at this as soonest you can? I will check everything in so that you can see these files.

Cheers,
Tim