plcs message

Subject: PLCS Maintenance Agency Requirements

All,

As requested during our 30 March teleconference, below are the known requirements for PLCS Reference Data in the proposed TC184/SC4 Maintenance Agency

       Must be freely available

       Allows the registration of the PLCS OWL files as reference data

       Does not enforce all reference data to be ISO 15926 (at some stage in the future, the PLCS reference data might be converted to ISO 15926 - but not at this stage)

       Allows multiple sets of reference data to be registered. In other words there is no requirement to have all reference data in one file/repository. We may have one set of reference data for Defence, one for commercial aircraft (these are just made up examples)

       Provide access through web services, i.e.  programmatic access to the database that can be used use in a translator- not just web browser access

If there are others, please advise me so that they can be included in the TC184/SC4 Maintenance Agency Requirements.

Thanks.

Chris Kreiler

PLCS Secretariat