plcs message

Subject: RE: [plcs] Security Requirements for PLCS Face-to-Face at Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL USA (LOGSA)

Title: Message
All,

As I understand the requirements Unless we receive notification from your embassies for access to Redstone Arsenal 30 days prior to the event, we may encounter difficulties in hosting the event on-post.  (the 30 day window is an arbitrary window applied by Redstone Security),  I'm glad we were told of this today.  (I think we have some latitude in the 30 day window, I'll just have to eat a bunch of humble pie with the Redstone & LOGSA security folks..)

At any event so far, we have only received the requests for Mats and Mats (of Sweden), Not saying that others have not done it yet, just hoping that they are in process already.

If this becomes too hard to do, we do have an alternate off-post location reserved.   But y'all will miss the "JIM" tour of some really neat space artifacts scattered around the post.  (Terminology lesson #1: Generic terms for US Military Installations: Air Force and Navy call them "Bases", Army calls them "Posts")

Thanks!

Jim Colson

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Kreiler [mailto:kreilerc@mantech-wva.com]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 8:33 AM
To: plcs@lists.oasis-open.org

All,

As discussed at the last PLCS Teleconference (Meeting 26 7 Sep 06), PLCS members planning to attend the PLCS face-to-face at Huntsville, Alabama USA (Hosted by LOGSA at Redstone Arsenal), please advise the Secretariat not later than COB Friday, 22 September.  Early responses are appreciated.  The face-to-face is scheduled for Tuesday 31 October and Wednesday 1 November 2006.

Below are the security requirements for access to LOGSA, located at Redstone Arsenal.  Please take early action to arrange your visit clearance as sometimes the wheels of bureaucracy turn slowly.

1.  Participation in the 31 Oct-1 Nov 06 Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) meeting by Foreign Nationals (government and contractor) will require a "One-Time Visit" request.  The DOD currently used the automated Foreign Visit System (FVS) for processing requests that are received from foreign governments.  This system permits the participating government, through its embassy, to created visit requests in established formats for transmission to the US FVS Office in Washington for review and subsequent flow-down through the Defense Visit Office (DVO-Army) to LOGSA for concurrence.  Once LOGSA signs off or declines the visit, the Army DVO will approve/decline the visit and return the request for foreign visit (RFV) to the submitting embassy or organization.  Actions for Foreign contractors will be similar... Their organizational Security Officers should know the process/procedures required.

2.  Information required is fairly standard and includes the following:

- One Time Visit, UNCLASSIFIED Information
- Requesting Gov Agency/Company Name
- US Facility to be visited:  Redstone Arsenal Officers and Civilian's Club (ROCC), Bldg 130, P.O. Box 8110, Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL 35808. POC information for O'Club and LOGSA POC should include: POC Names, telephone, fax, email address (ROCC: Barb Langford, 256-842-0449, fax: 256-830-4252, barbara.langford@redstone.army.mil).  If there are any others locations to be visited they need to be listed with the same information.  Cite the LOGSA POC AS THE PRIMARY SPONSOR AND POC FOR COORDINATION (Mr. Bryant Allen, USAMC LOGSA, (256) 955-9935 (DSN 645) bryant.allen@logsa.army.mil)  (Mr. Jim Colson,  USAMC LOGSA, 256-955-9928, james.colson@us.army.mil is the Alternate US POC for Mr Bryant Allen, as he may be out of the office during the weeks of 25 Sept - 6 Oct

- Visit dates: 31 Oct 2006 - 1 Nov 2006
- Type of Visit:  Choose from the following (Government initiative, Commercial initiative or initiated by requesting agency or facility)

- Brief statement on subject to be discussed: This will be a working level meeting on International Standards Organization (ISO) Standard 10303, Standard for the Exchange of Product Data Model (STEP) AP239 Product Life Cycle Support (PLCS).   Topics to discuss are Data Exchange sets (DEX) development and integration of U.S. Standards with ISO Standards.

- Anticipated level of Classified information to be involved: Unclassified
- ID what the visit is pertinent to and specify name or appropriate. Options are: A defense acquisition process; a program or agreement; FMS or export license; specific equipment or weapon system; or other.

- Particulars for each Visitor:
    Name
    Date of Birth
    Place of Birth
    Security Clearance
    ID/PassPort NR
    Position
    Nationality
    Company/Agency

3.  Notes:  Only RFV names and dates may be amended, anything other than that requires a new RFV.  Personal Information required - Picture ID (with identification Number, DOB, Nationality), and DOD Visit Number.  We can provide details on how to enter RSA after the request is approved.

That's about it for now.  I'm always glad to help out!

Best regards,

Jim Colson
Logistics Standards & Policy
US Army LOGSA